Come sing with the monkeys, be embraced by the ocean, and delight in Pura Vida!
Immerse yourself in the melodies of the most biodiverse location on Earth and be awed by the colorful, incredible beauty of Costa Rica.
Sit in the shade of a jungle palm as ocean breezes kiss your cheeks. Swim, rest and read, or go on a tree-climbing or ziplining adventure!
- 6 nights / 7 days in a boutique beachfront eco-lodge with gorgeous grounds and a pool
- Delightful accommodations in open-air, multi-occupancy Cabinas
- Provided for you: 100% cotton sheets, pillows; towels and biodegradable soaps
- 4 delicious, locally-sourced whole-food meals served daily (light pre-yoga breakfast, brunch, midday snack, and a complete dinner).
- Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-free, and allergy-friendly options available
- One relaxing massage
- Delicious morning and afternoon yoga everyday on Ojo’s beautiful Yoga Shala deck (yoga mats, blocks, blankets and straps provided)
- Meditation practice
- Healing sound experiences and rewilding dance parties
- River walk and hike to a local waterfall with our Costa Rica expert, Mary
- Time and connection in heart-centered community
- Support and guidance from your loving, skillful facilitators, Amy and Shawna
- Free WiFi in the Casa Grande common area.
- Wifi is not provided in the rooms
- Private Facebook page to connect with the group, and ask questions of Shawna, Amy, and our Costa Rica expert, Mary Botosan
Every meal you eat is sourced from local farms, fishers and Ojo del Mar’s own gardens. Healthy, fresh, clean comfort food, cooked with care, and served with minimal fuss and a light touch of flair – aka dinners served by candlelight!
Twice-daily yoga classes in Ojo’s purpose-built, sacred Yoga Shala. The deck has open walls to let in birdsong and warm breezes from the secluded beach beyond!
Afternoons are wide open. You’ll have time to explore the secluded beaches nearby, take a lazy river walk, swim in the pool, read, birdwatch, or nap. Looking for a more active day (and lots to talk about when you get back)? There’s a wealth of amazing excursions to choose from, like horseback riding, surfing lessons, ziplining, or a heart-pumping tree-climbing adventure!
Make sure you set aside one day to indulge in the relaxing massage that’s included in your package, and take advantage of additional healing services from Ojo’s on-site spa by the sea.
On our last night together, we’ll enjoy dinner out at Martina’s – one of the only restaurants in this part of the Osa. The fun party-vibe attracts locals and tourists alike, with live music and an artisan market – a cornucopia of artisanal foods, locally-made soaps, essential oils, jewelry, clothing, and more!
Get ready to stretch out and feel your body, mind and spirit expand, on and off the mat!
What’s Not Included
- Flights to SJO and internal flights to and from the Osa Peninsula
- Transportation to and from all airports, and Ojo del Mar
- Our assistant, Mary will support you in booking internal flights and securing taxis
- Optional adventures and excursions
- 1 additional group dinner on the last night at a local bar/market
- Gratuities for massage, spa services, and additional excursions
- End-of-week suggested cash gratuity to tip Ojo del Mar’s lovely staff
A Few Things to Consider
- We’ll be living in the jungle – think tropical, not always tranquil.
- Yes, there will be peace and quiet… AND the howler monkeys will sing you awake at 4:30am (they don’t go on too long and you get used to it)
- Accommodations are in multi-occupancy, open-air cabinas (beds have mosquito netting). Single occupancy is very limited. Please decide whether you’re comfortable sharing a space with 1-3 other people, and inquire with Shawna or Amy for more info.
- The beach at our lodge is mostly rocky, and partly sandy out front (water shoes are a good idea) and there are other beaches within walking distance. High and low tides inform when you can swim in the ocean.
- The Osa Peninsula is eco-friendly and solar-powered (woot!) What does this mean? It means WiFi and electricity are limited, so plan accordingly. (Yes, you’ll be able to charge your devices in the common area)
- Costa Rica is close to the equator, which means it’s HOT.. and fully dark by 6:00pm!
- Roads on the Osa are gravel, walking paths uneven, and many of the cabinas have stairs. We’ll do our best to accommodate you if you have any mobility issues, but do bear these things in mind.
- Encounters with wildlife can be a possibility. We’ll educate everyone prior to the retreat on how to handle situations with critters.
A $500 non-refundable deposit is required, which will be applied to your first payment. (A cancellation for any reason will result in a loss of the deposit.)
Your final payment must be made in full at least 45 days prior to retreat. We can refund 50% of the retreat fee (less the $500 deposit) for any cancellation received in writing before February 20, 2023.
Unfortunately we can’t offer any retreat refunds after February 20, 2023. Ojo del Mar does not honor refunds 45 days prior to the date of retreat. We highly recommend purchasing CFAR (cancel for any reason) travel insurance, which is generally recommended for international travel. Bear in mind that it should cover flights and such, not the retreat costs.